Darrin is a born and bred Kentuckian. Before joining the faculty at NKU was an Assistant Professor at Eastern Kentucky University and Special Assistant to the Kentucky State Treasurer. Growing up around poverty in eastern Kentucky was a key motivator for him to study local government management and community/economic development. He tries to help struggling communities by training the next generation of government leaders through the NKU MPA program and consulting with local governments. His philosophy in the classroom and research are the same; public administration is an applied science, and theories must be applicable to real world problems. He believes in building collaborations between his classes and local organizations in order to offer students class projects. His research is focused on the relationship between local economic diversity and fiscal health of local governments, managing fiscal crises, and new types of “third places” in community development. (More Info)
- Learn about the impact of leaving the European Union has had on the United Kingdom.
- Visit institutions of political power such as Westminster and London City Hall.
- Examine areas of British public policy such as the National Health Service, environment, and education.
- Explore London and learn how Brexit is affecting the citizens of the United Kingdom every day.
- Learn the political and governing differences between the U.K. and the U.S.
- Immerse yourself in one of the centers of political power in the world.